Friday, March 16, 2007

books

Today I was sitting in KMC ( its our college library) after a long time and happened to be sitting alone on other side of it.I saw those books which I haven't checked in last 2 years of NID..I remembered on the first day,they told about KMC i.e. Knowledge Management Centre has around 80,000 books..I was so shocked that time...I thought ,I will not be able to read all books in two years even if i want to...then as per our courses started I became familier with KMC...and that became THE place to study, chat, timepass, meet people n for that matter to "see" people..which we generally didn't get to see in the institute.. ;)

Today in the last sem I am feeling that how many books I have read in two years...not even more than 1500...atleast for reference, projects, some just to read, just to see and few just to make an excuse to sit inside library .....

I wanted to write so called " brief" of my major project and it was very hot outside( Thanx to ahmedabad), so I entered to this place, sat in another corner where I generally never sit...Happened to see books from management section...advertising...biology....software programmes..
and I was going through my written papers, trying to write my brief.... I picked up a book called ..

" creative"...I read it for sometime, then I picked up another book...
" perfect mangers".....
"celebrity sells"...how celebrities are imporatant in media and people influenced by them and their acts ....
" straight talks"...
The ability to interact with people using direct, honest communication is something to which we all aspire, but saying exacltly what you want to say is not always easy. In fact, in the situations in which straight talk is the most needed,it is most elusive.

" Layout"...I thought this will be helpful for me to make my portfolio ...because my presentations skills are not that great...so I just started reading...

first paragraph says..
How does creative ideas evolve into an end result? What does the process look like?
The truth is : Design is personal, each designer or artist approaches a job or a project differently. A designer brings his personality, experience, education, imaginaton, preference to each piece - Rodney J. Moore

I wanted to read more and I received a call, so I kept that book aside...which I will definately read it...Now I feel I should spend more time in KMC and read books..


Aisa kyon hota hai, jab sab khatm hone aata hai..to saari cheezonki ahemiyat pata chalne lagati hai.. :D

1 comment:

Aur Batao said...

khaduuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu......