Saturday, May 30, 2009

Storm approaching

"I remember an old friend of mine who lived in Normandy as a child and who witnessed the Allied landing in Nazi-occupied France. I will never forget his words: ' I woke up, and the horizon was full of warships. On the beach beside my house, the German soliders were watching the same scene, but what terrified me most was the silence. The total silence that precedes a life-or-death struggle.' It is the same silence that surrounds me now, and which is gradually being replaced by the sound...I have witnessed many storms in my life. Most storms have taken me by surprise, and so I've had to learn - and very quickly too- to look farther off, to understand that I cannot control the weather, to practise the art of patience, and to respect nature's fury. Things do not always happen the way I would have wanted, and it's best that I get used to that.

I can see the storm approaching. As with any storm, it brings with it destruction, but it also waters the fields; and, with the rain, falls the wisdom of the heavens. As with any storm, it will pass. The more violent the storm, the more quickly it will pass. "

Like the flowing water, Paulo Coelho

No comments: