Friday, May 11, 2007

swinging tree

I want to go high and high in the sky
want to sit on a swing tied on banyan tree
and see the sky, birds...

My grandfather used to do this for me when I was a kid.He made a place with branches for me to sit and eat on a mango tree in our farm.I miss those days...
Roaming in fields,
Swimming in well,
Living in a hut with cows, buffalows,hens,dogs,goats...
Eating hot food which my mother used to carry in a weaved basket on her head... our entire family used to eat together...
Sleeping under moonlit skies in fields,
Collecting all possible things from stone,feathers,dry flowers,wild berries to home along with 5-10 liters of milk cans...
sometimes going back to home in village by bullock cart or
on the back of buffalow...
having roasted peanuts and 'papad' as evening snack and a glass of fresh milk...
singing 'bhajans' and playing 'lezim' in the evening with old men
listening to stories of crops, fields, gods and their routine farmer's life...
being curious about 'mela' which happens once in a year
and looking forward for summer vacations to go back to my village..

1 comment:

Aur Batao said...

nostalgia...nosalgia...nostalgia....i will take u to my village....LOL....nice one.....