Saturday, February 17, 2007

Foot prints

This is something which I found last night going through my notebook which I used in my twelth standard..The habit of writing something on the last pages of the notebook.
If you want to see a notebook with its contents..... the right way is to start from last pages....you will find many scribbled thoughts...random statements...doodles..various moods reflecting through handwriting...
I like to keep last pages of all my notebooks for this reason and going through them after sometime....
This poem I read it long time back and still its there in my mind.

One night I dreamed a dream
I was walking along the beach with my Lord
Across the drak sky flashed scene from my life

For each scene, I noticed two sets
of foot prints in the sand,
one belonging to me
and one to my Lord

when last scene of my life shot before me
I looked back at the foot prints in the sand.
There was only one set of foot prints.
I realized that this was at the lowest
and saddest times of my life.
This always bothered me
and I questioned the Lord
about the dilemma

" Lord, you told me when I decided to follow you,
you would walk and talk with me all the way
But I am aware that during the most troublesome times of my life
there is only one set of foot prints
I just don't understand why,when I needed you the most,
You leave me."

He whispered,"My precious child,
I love you and will never leave you
never ever,during your trials and testings
When you saw only one set of foot prints
it was then that I carried you."

Margaret Powers

1 comment:

Aur Batao said...

good one.....by the poet.... pratima rite romantic stuff yaar...