Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Interesting bus journey!

Bangalore buses are divided partially half into seats allocated for ladies and gents. Front entrance is for getting up and down for ladies and exit is for getting up and down for gents. No one sits on ladies seats in the bus, other women make sure that you get up from ladies seat. Buses are too crowded and mostly with women bus conductors. So I am standing in the bus and saw an old man sitting on a ladies seat and I knew what is going to happen with him after some time. Bus stopped on next stop and more women entered into the bus and forced that old man to get up. I could not resist and said why are you behind him ? let him seat he is old. You can stand on your feet. Later woman sitting next to old man got down in the next stop and nobody was ready to sit next to him so I sat and started reading a book. Old man started to make conversation with me, his was voice was loud. I thought one of the problems of old age.

Old man ( OM ) : What are you doing in Bangalore, you don’t look from here right?
ME : Yes and I'm working here with design firm and studying simultaneously
OM : Are you from Mumbai? Your English accent is different and what are you studying?
ME : (surprised by his observations) yes I’m and studying Product design from NID, A’bad ( I didn’t wanted to go in details, so started reading book again )

OM : Oh that’s something new I have heard. My both sons are engineers and working here with software companies. I myself was working in electric board of Bangalore and retired just now. My native place is Hubali. My sons have got new flat of 1,000 sq.ft. Here near Arekere gate. What exactly you are studying and where are you staying? What about your family?

( I was like this man is asking too many questions but I should give answers because he must not have spoken to anyone and just trying to have a conversation )
ME : I stay in south city. And my family belongs to Kolhapur and ( I explained in brief about my field )
OM : Oh, I come there every morning for walk. So will meet up sometimes. your work field is very interesting. Kolhapur is not far from Hubali, so you are Marathi.

(Then he started talking in marathi few basic questions and I was wondering why is he asking about my native place and what my family is into and all but I was unable to stop the conversation since my bus stop was still too far)

ME : Yes I’m. your marathi is very good! I don’t go for morning walk since I have to leave early in the morning. But walking path near Arekere is good.


OM : How long you will be in Bangalore?
ME : 2 months then I’m going to work with another company in Sweden.

OM : Thats great! even my younger son is going to London for work and plans to settle there.
My stop is coming near now. I will show my house from the bus… that peach colored tall building. I stay there on ground floor. This is my card, I am actually looking for daughter in laws for both of my sons. And I liked you a lot. You are very spontaneous and generous. Think about it. You come to my home, meet my both son and then decide. They both are good. All the best for better future and god bless you.


( since he was loud everyone who were standing close to me were listening to the conversation. And surprised by his last few lines and were looking at me. I was in a dilemma whether to accept the card or not. But I did accept. I don’t know why I did that. And the old man got down from the bus…)

9 comments:

Nidhi Dang said...

he he he ;) Kadhke another offer 4 swavamyar... wht luck man!! ;)

bhavin said...

I am interested to read this story as the OM would narrate it! That will throw little more light on the facts.
Btw, "both sons are good!"
hahahah good offer!
Liya kyun nahi?

Aparna said...

seriously, why didn't you meet them?

Unknown said...

ha ha...too good!

I guess, you would visit the OM again! ;)

teamea said...

Hahaha... i remember this incident.. Pratima find that card now!!!

Siddhartha Joshi said...

i like it!

floating thoughts said...

khadu...i think u should contact this person now!!!its high time..hehehe

आशुतोष कर said...

i think i shd start using BMTC, and use the front door!

Sambit Kumar Pradhan said...

Too good! :D :D

'OM' !! :P